BENEFITS OF GRASS-FED BEEF FROM REIL RANCH
100% GRASS-FED AND GRASS-FINISHED
Our grass fed beef is truly 100% grass-fed. During the grazing months our cattle roam our pastures freely, eating their natural diet. During the blizzard-ing months that South Dakota weather brings, our cattle are fed bales in spacious lots, where they have access to barns and cover from the bad weather. At Reil Ranch we grow our own alfalfa and grass bales to assure the highest quality feed.
Did you know over 70% of the grass-fed beef you see at the market that claims to be a 'product of the USA' is actually from another country? (Read more about this issue here) Mis-leading labels is a huge problem when it comes to purchasing beef from someone other than a trusted, local farmer. When you buy from us at Reil Ranch, you can rest assured that your beef has been raised and processed locally.
HIGH QUALITY GENETICS
We firmly believe quality beef is a result of high quality feed, proper care and top of the line genetics. When growing our herd we carefully selected cattle from the best genetics we could find. Our newest bull tested in the top 1% of the breed for tenderness. These are consistent genetics that will give you exceptional flavor and tenderness every time!
Our individual cuts of beef are always USDA inspected by our local processors, to ensure the highest standards are met when it comes to the safety and quality of our beef.
Our cattle roam freely in our pastures during the spring, summer and fall. Because they are not confined to feedlots they live lives with low amounts of stress, they stay healthier and in return provide a better quality product for consumers.
NO ADDED GROWTH HORMONES
We never use growth hormones or steroids of any kind. Our cattle are never fed or given unnecessary antibiotics. Because we are a humane operation, if we have a sick cow we WILL treat them and not simply watch them die if we can help them. We assure you that if they are given antibiotics, they are not processed for beef until the antibiotics are completely out of their system, ensuring that our beef is antibiotic free.
AMAZING HEALTH BENEFITS
Grass-fed beef is sought after for it's added nutrition.
Our cattle live on a very natural diet of grass, which makes them as healthy as they come!
This lifestyle results in nutrient dense beef including:
- More vitamins, like Vitamin E and A
- Less calories, due to less overall fat
- Lower levels of cholesterol
- Less overall fats and more healthy fats
- The fat that is found is grass-fed beef is actually the GOOD fat, that is heart-healthy, specifically conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- CLA is naturally found in meat and dairy, grass-fed beef contained much greater levels than grain-fed beef. CLA has been known to prevent cancer and heart disease.
- Omega-3 is usually found in fish, nuts, and seeds, and offers a ton of potential health benefits not commonly attributed to everyday beef eating — healthier bones, joints, and skin, plus lowered blood pressure, decreased inflammation, improved mental health and brain functioning, and protection against autoimmune diseases.