Cooking through your beef share: Brisket
I want to share with you my family's favorite brisket recipe.
The brisket was definitely an unfamiliar cut to me until we started raising our own beef. I think it's one that can intimidate people because it's easy to overcook or "dry out" a brisket.
If cooking your brisket intimidates you or you're just looking for a new way to cook this cut, give my easy, simple ingredient and very delicious recipe a try!
What you'll need:
+ 1 Reil Ranch Brisket (this one was 3.5 pounds)
+ 2 Cups Bone Broth
What you'll need for the rub:
+ 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
+ 1 Tbsp Paprika
+ 1 Tbsp Salt
+ 1 Tbsp Pepper
+ 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
+ 2 Tsp Dry Mustard
+ 1 Tsp Onion Powder
+ 1/2 Tsp Cumin
**(This rub recipe did make more than I ended up using, so I just threw the rest in a jar and will use it next time)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F
2. Make the rub mixture and sprinkle it over the entire brisket
3. Place your brisket fat side up in your baking dish (I just use a glass baking dish) and add 2 cups of bone broth.
4. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake at 325 for 1 hour
5. After 1 hour, lower the temperature to 275 and continue to bake for an additional 2.5 hours
(The rule of thumb is to cook your brisket 1 hour per pound)
6. After it's finished cooking, take it out and let it rest 10-15 minutes in the tinfoil before slicing
7. Then enjoy!! (We love to pour the "juice" back onto the brisket when we eat it to give it even more flavor.)
This brisket was so tender and so good! All three of my boys kept coming back for more.
This is definitely one of the easiest ways I know to make a brisket that never disappoints!
Click HERE to claim your beef share and make a famous Reil Ranch brisket!