Balsamic Tomato & Steak Skewers
Serves 4-5 | Prep time: 20-30 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recipe by Mariah Reil, MS, RD, LN
4 Reil Ranch grass-fed steaks (any cut)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
½ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup sugar-free barbeque sauce
Optional: ¼ cup balsamic + ¼ cup bbq sauce for dipping
- Cut thawed steaks into 1-2” cubes. Place cubes in a large bowl or on a sheet pan.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar and the barbeque sauce together in a bowl. Pour over the steak and toss to coat. Let sit in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place the coated steak and tomatoes on wooden skewers, altering tomato and steak.
- Place full skewers on a hot, prepared grill. Grill skewers according to desired doneness.
- Enjoy with prepared sauce on the side for dipping, if desired. Enjoy!
Antioxidants are important nutrients for preventing disease, like certain types of cancers. Antioxidants function in the cell membrane and protect against oxidation. Grass-fed beef is higher in antioxidants like Vitamin E compared to conventional beef. Including grass-fed beef into your diet can help you consume more important antioxidants such as Vitamin E. This recipe will give you all the summertime feelings while helping protect your body from disease!