Cranberry & Orange Holiday Meatballs
For the meatballs:
1 lb lean, Reil Ranch grass-fed beef
½ cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1-2 tbsp shredded parmesan
1 egg , beaten
1 tsp dried, minced onion
1 tbsp fresh thyme
For the sauce:
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
1 naval orange, juiced and zested
1 tbsp honey
1. In a large bowl, combine the meatball ingredients and mix well, until well incorporated.
2. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, portion the meatballs into similar sized portions. Roll to make round. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat the cranberry sauce, orange juice, orange zest, and honey on medium heat until the canned sauce has melted and the mixture is combined and just simmering. Remove from heat.
4. In an instant pot or electric pressure cooker, place the meatballs into the pot. Pour the sauce mixture over the meatballs and set to high pressure for 8 minutes. It will take a few minutes to come up to pressure. Once the timer goes off after 8 minutes, allow the steam to release on its own for about 5 minutes.
5. Release remaining steam and serve. Garnish with dried cranberries and more orange zest if desired. Great as an appetizer at your holiday gathering or as a great source of protein in a meal.