Creamy Shrimp & Steak
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe by Mariah Reil, MS, RD, LN
4 Reil Ranch grass-fed steaks, cut of choice
1 lb uncooked, thawed jumbo shrimp
2 tsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup whole milk (may use any milk, cream, or half and half)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp dried parsley
- In a large, cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high heat until the oil is shimmering and you start to see whisps of smoke.
- Pat the steaks dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place steaks evenly spaced apart on the heated skillet.
- Cook steak to desired level of doneness. Set aside.
- To the same skillet, on medium heat, add the butter and melt. Add the shrimp, evenly spaced and cook just until the shrimp turn pink. Be careful not to over cook the shrimp to the point of shriveling or shrinking.
- Remove cooked shrimp from skillet and set aside. Add the garlic to the hot skillet and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and scrape the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any bits from the bottom. Add the milk, mustard, and Cajun seasoning and stir.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then turn down the heat and let simmer for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parmesan and stir to combine. Cook until the cheese is completely melted and incorporated. Add the lemon juice and parsley and mix until combined. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove sauce from heat. Serve one cut of steak topped with shrimp and pour sauce over top. Enjoy!