Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowls
1 lb lean, Reil Ranch grass-fed beef
1 package frozen, riced cauliflower (may also use cooked rice of choice)
1 small onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp black pepper
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup frozen corn
- In a large skillet, brown the beef with ½ the olive oil until cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remainder of the olive oil and sauté the onion on medium high heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and the corn and cook until incorporated and heated through, about 5 more minutes.
- Enjoy the rice topped with ground beef, plain Greek yogurt, salsa, cheese, etc.
Glutathione is known as the ‘master antioxidant’. Antioxidants help rid the body of toxins and prevent oxidation. Glutathione has been shown to have roles in anti-aging, preventing certain illness, decreasing chronic disease risk, and supporting a healthy immune system. In order for the antioxidant to have effect, we must have adequate stores in the body. Beef provides a good source of pre-formed dietary glutathione. Including grass-fed beef in your meals is a great way to consume important antioxidants!