Rainbow Beef & Rice Dish
3 ½ cups water
1 lb lean, Reil Ranch grass-fed ground beef
1 onion, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen cut green beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp celery salt
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper
1 ½ cups uncooked brown rice
Shredded Parmesan cheese to top
- In a large skillet, brown the beef with the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- In a large pot, combine the water, rice, beef, onion, celery, carrots, and seasonings.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add frozen vegetables and cook until fully heated, about 5 minutes.
- When rice is fully cooked and dish is hot, remove from heat and serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Grass-fed beef can be an easy choice to work towards consuming more important nutrients. In addition to Omega-3 fatty acids, grass-fed beef also contains a greater amount of Conjugated-Linoleic Acid. CLA is an important type of Omega-6 fatty acid. However, it is sometimes difficult to get from diet alone. Choosing grass-fed beef over conventional beef can be one way to include more CLA in your diet. Studies have shown that people who consume greater amounts of CLA have a reduced risk of certain diseases, such as Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, and certain forms of cancer. Try this tasty recipe, filled with nutrients that the whole family will enjoy!